Search This Blog

Thursday 16 July 2015

Technical Exercise

I had just come out of a purple patch when I hit the rough trot. The thing is, I had been giving 110% at work, really putting in the hard yards and all that, but I guess I just kind of drew the short straw. Or maybe my boss couldn’t tell his ass from his elbow. I don’t really know myself. I guess I’m pretty in the dark about it. All I really know is that I had a big fall from grace. I really hit the ground hard, and it was hard to pick myself back up. You know the story. They say you shouldn’t count the chickens before they hatch, and I guess I stuffed that up. I thought I was going great guns, juggling a lot of balls, but then this curveball came along and I derailed. I’ve really been dealt a bad hand, and I don’t exactly know how I’ll be able to brush it off.

You learn from these mistakes though. I guess if I’m ever coasting again, taking it real easy, and then I get stopped dead in my tracks by another hurdle like this one, I’ll be prepared. Maybe I’ll be ready to take evasive action. They say too many cooks spoil the broth, but also that many hands make light work. I think the last one is more accurate. I’m gambling on the last one. I think it’ll come up good if I stick by my mates. You know, sticking together – that’s the ideal. It’s funny how you can be on cloud nine one day, and then the next you’re totally in the dumps, really in the wars, so to speak. But every cloud has a silver lining, they say, so maybe she’ll be right in the end. At the end of the day, I guess I take solace from the fact that whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.


*Editor's (/Superego's) Note: You missed out "axe to grind" and "up in arms", which would actually have been very easy to fit in. No doubt countless others, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment