Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Carceral Routines

Benefits of conscientiousness, adopting a carceral routine and systematising one's life (writing down tasks, starting to use a calendar and spending a lot of time at the library): better marks in mathematical subjects (that's the prediction).
Costs: less thinking, less writing, less reading.

Ever since I moved next to the university, I have become far more conscientious (partly, too, it helps that I am living opposite extremely conscientious friends who have imprinted themselves on me). I am even running every second day now, on top of the studying thing.

But I also feel kind of hollowed out. My thoughts are largely terrestrial now. I have lost touch with the superlunary (partly this is an iPhone thing too).

I am like a worker ant now, or some such metaphor seems appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment