Search This Blog

Monday 10 April 2017

Too much curiosity, not enough time

I am curious about everything. I want to understand far more mathematics, mathematical logic, physics, chemistry, biology, ecology, linguistics, cognitive science, sociology, history, economics, philosophy, AI research and programming than I currently do. I have at least 25 books scattered around my room, all bought off Amazon since the beginning of 2015, on philosophy (philosophy of science, philosophy of truth, philosophy of language), economics, history, mathematics and information theory, which I have not yet read but desperately want to get started on. There are many more books that I want to buy - the number grows almost daily. I desperately want to learn enough about nonclassical logics, model theory, Crispin Wright's truth-pluralism and more, to be able to write this long paper I want to write about my theory of truth. I want to learn enough complex systems mathematics to contribute something to the nascent field of cliodynamics. I want to understand far more deeply how the world actually works; I want to know more about the mathematics of classical mechanics, thermodynamics, Maxwell's equations, relativity and quantum mechanics; I want to understand far more about chemistry than I do currently (despite having hated year 11 chemistry and abandoned it for year 12); and I want to better understand the mathematical modelling used in ecology and evolutionary biology. I literally only started programming two months ago, on Java, but I desperately want to learn more programming languages, as soon as possible. I want to know more natural languages than just English and French. I want to learn Latin (despite having hated it in year 7) and Danish and Russian and Arabic and Mandarin.
This intense curiosity about everything began in 2014. It has kind of transformed my life.

Unfortunately, there is not enough time and my brain is not good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment